Sunday, May 29, 2005

Oldies

I wanted to take the chance to post pics of some older projects:

This was the first purse I made, my first (and so far, only) felting project, AND my first time knitting in the round. I got the pattern out of the book "Stitch 'n' Bitch". The purse has this really cute little change purse attached to it with a cord, but I haven't gotten around to putting snaps on it yet so it's really quite useless to me so far. I think next time I make one of these I'll make the handles thicker and maybe even add some felted flowers.



And this is a really great backpack, though a bit rough around the edges. I used a pattern in the same book as a basic template, but modified the design on the back. The pattern called for some weird hello kitty monkey thing which isn't my style so I drew out a star on graph paper and voila! This is my first real intarsia project, and at least now I can think of a bunch of ways to do it easier and better. The most challenging part of this project proved to be getting the liner and the zipper in, I've never been a big fan of zipper sewing. Anyway, I use the bag all the time, it's perfect for when a purse is too small and a normal backpack is too big and I've gotten tons of compliments on it I guess mainly because there aren't really any others around!



No comments: