Thursday, April 19, 2007

...orange I glad she didn't say bandana

Greetings! Lookie at what I got!



I know there's not a heck of a lot of orange in this, but there's a bit...and I won this door prize because the other finalist at our knitting group meeting lastnight forgot the word "bandana" in our little memory game; therefore I could not resist the urge to cleverly dub this colourway "orange I glad she didn't say bandana", even though I'm sure Sweet Georgia has a name for this colourway already, and I'm sure the name for the colourway is just as luscious and gorgeous as the yarn itself.


I am in love. This is the kind of yarn I would never buy for myself. It's a splurge. It's yarn you covet. I fell asleep last night thinking of the possibilities for this yarn, and I woke up this morning with this yarn as my first thought. It's yearn, not yarn. Now to find a use for it. I'm thinking either Monkey (I'm addicted to Cookie A's glorious sock patterns) or Jaywalker.....I'll have to see how it swatches up and if it is stripey enough to my Jaywalker liking.

I also donated a door prize to said knitting group meeting, these aren't the exact ones but here's some stitch markers I've been crafting lately. I gave away a set of four last night in blue colourways.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Gorgeous stitch markers, great blog. I look forward to knitting your secret palooza socks. I'll be in touch, your secret pal