Thursday, October 27, 2005

Clapotis


This was my big summer project. I knit this up over 2 months of weekends at Wreck Beach and evenings on my patio.

It's made out of "TLC Amore" (I think) which I picked up at Zellers, 3 balls at $8 a piece...I still have about two thirds of a ball left and am trying to find a use for it.

It wasn't supposed to end up as wide as it is, but once I started dropping stitches the width increased drastically. As a result, what was supposed to be a largish scarf is now a comfy shawl/wrap.



The pictures don't really do it justice, it can look casual or dressy depending on what you match it up with. Goes great with jeans and heels, or a summer dress. I'm very pleased with the end result.

The pattern is from knitty, take a look to at the pictures there to get a better idea of what it looks like.



No comments: