Thursday, October 27, 2005

Updates


...okay so I've been slacking of in the picture taking department. It is difficult to get inspired to take pictures of finished projects when you have such a CRAPPY CAMERA!!! Hopefully that changes soon.

First up, just a few standard scarves.

This one was done in Brown Bernat Velvet, garter stitch on 10 mm needles. Very quick, very easy, but I don't think I'll be using the Velvet again anytime soon. The ends don't weave in very well and the velvet sheds off the ends.


Next we have my pink furry scarf made with the most expensive yarn I have used to date. I saw this Italian yarn at A Touch of Wool and fell in love. It's called "Gracia" (80% nylon 20% rayon), is so soft and gorgeous, and I love the black flecks in it. I love pink and black together. Anyway, I picked up two balls of this stuff at $12 each and made this super long, skinny K2P2 Rib scarf.

The picture's fuzzy but so is the scarf, haha. I've tried to show a close up of the grain so you can get an idea how amazing this yarn is.


No comments: